I have not one, but two protein-packed recipes for you today! Now, you know I am not the biggest fan of protein powder. I’d always rather get my protein in the form of actual food, rather than a supplement. I realize how easy protein powder is for baking and smoothies, though, which is why I was so excited when I heard about the new MightyNut powdered peanut butter from Peanut Butter & Co. It gives you the convenience of a powder and it’s a real food – win win!
Powdered peanut butter is simply made of peanuts which have been roasted and pressed, removing most of the fat. What’s left is the protein, fiber and the peanut taste. It’s perfect for cooking, or you can just add water to rehydrate and make your own peanut spread. MightyNut sent me two flavors to try – Original and Chocolate – so I decided to create a recipe with each!
The best part is you also have the chance to win a jar of your own, in your choice of flavors: Original, Chocolate, Flax & Chia, or Vanilla. Info on entering can be found after these delicious recipes:
One of my very favorite things about fall is the abundance of apples. We’ve been stocking up on bags of fresh-picked apples at our local farmer’s market and we also made it for some late-season apple picking at a nearby orchard. They’re definitely my favorite fruit, so putting together apples and peanut butter (a perfect match) was a no-brainer.
- 2 small or 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 TB butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 TB GoMighty Powdered Peanut Butter - Original
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease mini muffin pan.
- Combine first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add flour and GoMighty Powdered Peanut Butter, mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the mini muffin pan (I used a 12 muffin pan and made two batches).
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- You can make this recipe as regular sized muffins - the baking temperature of 350 degrees remains the same, but bake for 20 - 22 minutes.
Now, onto the chocolate! 🙂 I’ve been making so many smoothies recently, since one of my lovely clients from Brooklyn gave me an amazing BlendTec blender as a goodbye/housewarming gift when we moved. What could be yummier than a chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl? Adding raspberries! It’s like a PB&J with chocolate – super breakfast deliciousness and it is protein PACKED, thanks to the powdered peanut butter as well as my secret (well, not so secret anymore!) ingredient of cottage cheese. It may sound a little weird, but it gives you a great, filling protein boost without resorting to a protein powder mix, and you can’t taste it!
- 4 oz coconut water
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 TB raspberry jam
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 TB Go Mighty Powdered Peanut Butter - Chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 tsp semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp cocoa
- Combine all the smoothie ingredients in your blender, then blend for a minute, or until combined.
- Pour into two bowls, then top with fresh raspberries, coconut flakes and cocoa (or whatever your heart desires!)
Ready to enter to win your own jar of your choice of flavors from Mighty Nut? All you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter below. Want more recipe ideas? Search for the #EatMighty hashtag on Instagram and Twitter for more recipe ideas from SweatPink bloggers! Good luck!
Contest runs Wednesday 10/28 – Wednesday 11/4/15. Void where prohibited. Open to US residents only. Winner will be announced on the blog on 10/6. Retail value of the Mighty Nut Powdered Peanut Butter is $6.50. Mighty Nut will contact the winner directly with details for claiming their prize. If you have won this prize from another blog giveaway via Fit Approach, you are not eligible to win and a new winner will be drawn.